What is the Unity Game Engine?
Unity game engine is the best real-time developer 3D engine in the world. Unity Technologies developed it and now the choice of about 45 percent of game developers. These figures make it the world’s best game platform. It breaks all the barriers and makes your path to become a successful game developer. It is best for all those who do not have enough resources to make their game engine. It helps you make and develop games and provides Multi-platform support, Asset tracking, Graphics support, Community support, and many more. It is good for both 2D and 3D games and provides an amicable graphical interface.
Features of Unity Game Engine
It is a useful feature of the Unity Game Engine; it provides you the easiness to develop a single game. After completion, you can export your game to multiple platforms. You can even export your developed game to 20 different platforms. It is a unique feature of the Unity Game Engine. The platforms include Mac, Linux. Android, Xbox, Windows, PlayStation, and IOS. In simple words, all of the VR platforms are included.
Unity Game Engine has replaced many game engines like Cry Engine etc. The game developers were attracted to the other engines in the past. Still, when Unity Game Engine added the PBS option with other lightning features, it became popular. The lightning calculator works efficiently by treating the non-metallic and metallic surfaces in different shades. The game looks more realistic after this treatment.
You can find a long list of Shaders in Unity Game Engine. There is no limit to Shaders, which you can find online. If you learn to read the language of Shaders, then it will be a plus point for you as you will be able to edit the existing Shaders and can add new things according to your choice. You can then modify the Shaders and give more useful and creative solutions. ShaderLab will also help in you writing the new Shaders.
Unity game Engine services
Unity Game Engine has started to provide their servers for multiplayer games. The multiplayer service of Unity Game Engine very lightweight as compared to the others. They are also providing many other online services like Ads, Cloud Build, Unity Analytics, and other mobile game services. The Twitch integration allows the players to play games through text commands via chat. The twitch integration paves the path to play the game in a new way and a revolutionary step in the game market.
Pros of Unity Game Engine
- Unity game engine provides the best tutorials on the internet, which helps you better understand the new product easily.
- When you are about to publish your games, the licensing deals are affordable so that you can pass this point according to your budget.
- The unity game engine is excellent for small projects, which helps them create prototypes and provide all the services.
- They constantly update the forum every month so you can have all the latest features.
- The game documentation and optimization is excellent and admirable.
- It is effortless to learn. There is no paywall to complete your project, and of course, the large community where you can find the answer to every question is an appealing feature.
- It is a great game developing an engine for all the beginners and the experienced ones.
- Unity game engine has an asset store where you can get hundreds of assets for free download.
- The platform provides great visual graphics and unique tools.
Cons of Unity Game Engine
- Unity game engine lacks the feature to develop games that can work for both the mobile and desktop.
- They demand expensive video cards and computers contain high processing power.
- The game optimization for the mobile is not of good quality.
- The upgrading process of the Unity game engine is much difficult and burdensome.
- The 2d game developing process is somehow easy and simple, but the process becomes complex when it comes to 3d procedures.
- It provides limited functions as compared to Cry Engine and UDK.
- Unity game engine takes too much space of the computer drive, and it slows down the running time of different applications and speed of CPU.
- This game engine is a little bit expensive and cost much as compared to other game engines.
- The dark theme is not available in the free subscription and is only available in the Plus subscription.
Games list developed by Unity Game Engine
There is a long list of games developed by the Unity game engine since 2005. Here is the list of famous unity game engine games:
- Goo Ball
- Three Kingdom Online
- Dead Frontier
- Off-Road Velociraptor
- Triple Town
- Thomas Was Alone
- Max & the Magic Marker
- Rec Doom
- Two Point Hospital
- Rim world
- Syberia 3
- Golf Story
- Endless Spaces 2
- Hollow Knight
- Cities in Motion
- I Am Player
- Bad Piggies
- Escape Plan
- The Room
- Dead Effect
- The Bridge
- Angry Birds Epic
- Year Walk
- Angry Birds 2
- Fallout Shelter
- Firefly Online
- Big Pharma
- Sonic Runners
- Sunless Sea
- The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy’s Grand Adventure
- PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist
- I am Bread
- The Legend of Heroes: Akatsuki no Kiseki
- My Summer Car
- Pokemon Go
- Sudden Strike 4
- White Day: A Labyrinth Named School
- Totally Accurate Battlegrounds
- Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
- The Stanely Parable: Ultra Deluxe
- Crossy Road
- Fract OSC
- Guns and Robots
- Hitman Go, and many more.