Linode hosting is a highly stable and fast cloud hosting company by Linux experts. It has a low starting price with a wide choice of distros, with a speedy network and highly stable hardware. Linode hosting was founded in 2003, and it is based in New Jersey. It is an extensive website hosting company with 800,000 customers all over the world. They are providing their services in approximately 131 countries. It is the perfect solution for Linux experts who are interested in the root access and SSH. They provide dedicated server plans with affordable pricing. It has a meager starting amount that is just $5 per month. Well, it is quite affordable for all.
Linode hosting provides cloud hosting via VPS hosting that is based on Linux-only. So, to understand and use this website company, you must learn about the Linux forest up, and then you will be able to use this company. Linode hosting provides the datacenters for all those clients who are interested in the power of virtual website servers. But, keep in mind you should include Linux distro, which is comprised of CentOS, Arch, Fedora, Debian, OpenSUSE, and other factors, to set up everything for your website.
It is more adaptable, moderate, and dependable and updating its customers’ hub constantly. Linode Hosting is located in six cities, London, Tokyo, Texas, California, Georgia, and New Jersey. All the sites provide a test download file of 100MB size. You need to download them so that you can choose the best option for you. You can also move after the selection to other site locations and congratulations, and it is free.
Features of Linode hosting
Linode hosting plans
Well, this hosting company provides three different types of plans: –
- High Memory Plan: – It comprises the plan of 24 GB to 300 GB RAM, and it is the most expensive subscription plan of Linode hosting.
- Dedicated CPUs: – It is somehow less expensive than the big memory plan, and it includes about 2 GB RAM TO 32 GB of RAM and 2 core processors.
- Standard VPS hosting option: – It is the cheapest plan of Linode hosting, and it offers 1 GB to 16 GB of RAM and different scales of transfer and data storage.
Following things are common to all plans like: –
- SSH access
- 40 Gbps network
- Solid State Drives for fast speed
- Root access
- Intel E5 processors and many other options.
You can also get access to the dashboard, command line, stack scripts, and other options. Moreover, there is an advanced plan that is Managed plan. This plan includes adding on service, that means if anything happens to blueprints of your website, then the Linode team will manage it and handle it. However, you have to pay more for this advanced plan.
Uptime of Linode hosting
Linode hosting provides 99.9 percent uptime that is much more, and it is mentioned in the Term of service. Uptime statistics are perfect and are suitable for a website to work. The uptime decides that what will be the online time of your website. People do not like to visit the websites that take more time to load, and customers automatically go to other sites. So, to get more traffic, your hosting company should have high uptime. If you feel that your website is down for a long time, you must request them Pro-rata credit. The procedure is straightforward and easy. There are no complicated rules about it.
Linode hosting Extras
Linode hosting provides additional services like Node balancer, to balance and manage the website load, backups, Professional services, Longview, and many others. These additional services are free of cost.
This is the most appealing feature of Linode hosting. If you do not like their services, you can go for 7 days’ money-back guarantee. Well, now you will say that it is a short time, but still, it is a good point. If you want to leave the hosting company within 7 days, you will get your $5 back.
Pros of Linode hosting
- Linode hosting is the best VPS providers in the hosting market.
- Reasonable pricing. Seems better than other cloud hosting providers. And the price calculation is simple (no estimate needed).
- They include multiple data centers, and support is very responsive and fast. Linode has 11 data centers now: Fremont (California), Dallas, Atlanta, Newark (New Jersey), Toronto, Mumbai, Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo, Frankfurt, and London.
- It provides excellent hardware and control panel. It has a stable ticket system and easy to configure.
- They provide 24/7 live support and tackles each problem with responsibility.
- It is best for any recovery problem to your account. It runs without any problem with performance.
- It has the best bandwidth according to every price plan and does not load your computers.
- It does not need a high-power computer to run, and it can work best on light computers.
- The team of Linode hosting solves the issues of your site by the managed plans, and you will get all the problems solved.
- Recently unveiled new GPU plans for users looking to run machine learning, AI, and graphics-intensive workloads.
- Offer Block Storage for additional, network-attached storage, and S3 compatible Object Storage for unstructured data (and static website hosting)
- Linode bundle in a generous amount of data transfer into our prices, something that you would pay a premium for if you were to go with one of the hyper-scale VPS providers like AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure.
Cons of Linode hosting
- When you want to backup, they ask for more money. It has a certain limitation for the backup system.
- It is not easy for all the beginners; it is based on Linux knowledge. You need a lot of Linux experience to work with this web hosting company.
- There are not control panels, one-click web site builders, and one-click installers. You must choose everything from Linux. After deciding things there, you can set up your Linode hosting plans.
- They do not provide stable storage solutions. When you face a significant issue, they do not provide enough support at once in the simple price plans. They leave their customers alone. If you are serious about fixing the issue, then you have to go for the additional price plans like the managed plans.
One feature/service that a lot of users are waiting for is a managed database. We think it will be a great addition to the existing features/services line. From the Q&A here https://www.linode.com/community/questions/18091/managed-databases, we can expect this will be added in 2020.